Friday, May 2, 2014

The Tacit Dimension, Polyani

This book really doesn't need an introduction for most people familiar with knowledge management, but for those who are not Polanyi is the one that pretty much coined the term 'tacit knowledge.' I still probably would benefit from reading this book a few more time as it is a lot to digest, but it is what really introduced me to the concept of tacit knowledge. I have used the word knowledge since I was a child but it was not until I took this class that I started to really understand all the different meanings that knowledge can have. I also had never given much thought to a type of knowledge that can not really be fully expalined by the person who possess it unless they are able to show another through actions. It really is a great book and I would highly suggest anyone who has not read it to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment